Testimonials & Reviews
These people have been kind enough to give us permission to publish their kind words. Thank you!
Would you be like to add a testimonial? Click here to go fill the form or click the picture with the Great Dane on it.
- Wags and Purrs Specialty Pantry is the one and only place I shop for my animal's needs. Tammy is a gift sent from heaven. She has helped me with any problems I faced with not only my dog but my family's dogs as well. Not to mention, she has a great team to back her up! We all love her dearly. A couple months ago, my family dog was having what we thought were seizures. Tammy recommended taking our dog to see a chiropractor and referred us to Ashley at Wild Life Chiropractic. After our first visit, we saw a difference in the dog. No more seizures and a happy puppy! If it weren't for Tammy with the great reference, our dog would still be in pain. Tammy has also referred a great number of dog trainers that have helped me tremendously. If you are looking for a place to shop with not only a great atmosphere but fantastic products, Wags and Purrs is the place to be. Thank you to Tammy and her team for helping me learn what is best for my animals. Response: Thank you so much for the very kind words! I love the wonderful people we have teamed up with. We all bring something different to the table. Sometimes it takes all of us to really make the most difference. So happy to hear Jake is doing wonderful after seeing Ashley. It's unfortunate that so many think seeing a chiropractor is a waste of time and money, thankfully I don't believe any of those we have sent to Ashley feel that way. So for those reading this ... go see Ashley at https://wildlifechiro.com, you will be amazed. Thanks again Bella for the kind words for all of us.❤ So happy we have helped make a difference.
- We have a senior dog, she’s a rescue, probably 15 years old! A large dog too. Recently she was having a horrible time with allergies to the point of chewing herself until she had bleeding, open wounds! She was miserable and very low energy. After trying the vets remedies, Allegra and eventually prednisone, we went to Tammy for help! She recommended Probiotic Digestive Enzymes. Ginger is a new dog!! No more chewing, a lot of energy, and she looks better overall! Tammy is a wonderful source of knowledge and help! Go see her , she’s wonderful! Thank you Tammy!
- A year ago when I took my dog Archie to the vet for his annual checkup he was 7 pounds over what the vet suggested his weight to be and after doing bloodwork we found out his cholesterol was 1367! (It should be under 300) I went in & spoke with Tammy. We changed to a raw food diet & added fish oil among a couple other supplements. This year when I took him for his annual he had lost 4+ pounds but best of all his cholesterol was down to 225!!! I can’t say how happy we are to have found Tammy. She has also helped with our other dog who is nearing 15 years old. She is ALWAYS there for us & truly listens!
Response: Thank you so much Julie! We are so happy to have been a part of improving the quality of life your pets are having today. And thank you for the kind words.
- Tammy and Muriel are so “down to earth”, friendly and patient. And of course very knowledgeable. My little 7 lb Pomeranian loves his food. I found Tammy and Muriel through an internet search because my baby wouldn’t eat anything I gave him. The best of the best dry food, wet food, farmers dog, Ollie’s.... you name it. He now dances when it’s time to eat. In less than 10 seconds, he is finished. 👍 thx ladies. Response: Thank you for the kind words and for giving us a chance to help you.
- it has been really amazing to find a place where I can be educated about how to properly care for my animals. Tammy is so friendly and sweet and very committed to helping me make my cats have a better quality of life and I'm very thankful that there are people that will care as much as I do. Highly recommend making stop into their shop and finding out if you're actually giving your animals the best life they can have. Response: Always a pleasure speaking with you! Thank you for the chance to keep having the conversations.
- Absolute eye opening education on the benefits of raw food for my furbaby. My precious little pup is eating better than me now! 😁 Eternally Grateful for your assistance! Response: Thank you for giving us an opportunity to assist you!
- Welcoming. Knowledgeable Associates. Large Product Inventory. By pure luck, I found my way to Wags and Purrs Specialty Pantry today. My labradoodle was diagnosed with idiopathic epilepsy at 7 months. Unfortunately, the concoction of meds aren’t managing the frequency of her seizures. Tammy educated me and offered such hope for Myah. Response: Beautiful pup!❤️
- Tammy and Muriel are the best and this store offers so much more than a regular pet food store. Tammy is super knowledgable about healthy options and alternatives for pets and willingly gives away her knowledge to her customers... She has been there for me to help with my three bullies for several years now and they are healthier and happier than they ever were before. Love this store and the people who run it!
- I went to Wags and Purrs looking for some kind of guidance for my dog’s allergies. I had just stopped all his allergy meds because of an article they had posted on Facebook about the cancer risk. He was miserable with rashes and skin infections and just looked absolutely defeated, it was heart breaking. Tammy and Muriel spent over an hour with me, educating me about a raw diet and proper nutrition. I was floored they spent so much time with me. These ladies CARE about your pets and giving us pet owners the tools for our pets to live longer, healthier lives. We began the transition to a raw diet with Answers Pet Food and it has been such a blessing! We didn’t really have any issues with detox and Sampson was in love with his new food. I am truly amazed at how much he has “changed”! He lost some much needed weight, has puppy like energy, an even more beautiful coat and whiter teeth/healthier breath. I cannot thank these ladies enough!
- I cannot thank Tammy and Muriel enough for teaching me the beauty in raw food and introducing us to Answers Pet Food to help my dog feel better! He has been off all his allergy meds for three weeks and officially raw for the same time period. The transition was quick and easy, I couldn’t of asked for more. Sampson’s coat is incredibly soft now, his teeth are whiter and his energy is puppylike. I can’t wait to see what else this raw diet journey has in store for my beautiful boy. I’ve recommended your store to everyone I know. Thank you for the excellent service always, especially today with letting me call ahead for my order and pick up. Thank you both again Response: Aw, thank you! ❤️ Thank you for allowing us the opportunity to help you. Thank you for sharing your story. And Sampson is beautiful! ❤️ We look forward to sharing this journey with you. ❤️
- We recently started visiting Wags and Purrs and thus far have received excellent support and advice. Just after two weeks of using a probiotic, our dogs fur has improved quite noticeably. In fact, after being away on business, my husband came home very late, after we all went to bed, and reached over to pet our babies and could feel the difference. He texted me first thing in the morning on his way to work to say he noticed how soft they were. Our “nervous Nelly” seems much happier and more loving and genuinely more content. We will continue on this journey in hopes that the food change will add more results. Try the probiotics to start and see if you don’t see a change too!! Carolynn, Siena and Lucca. Response Beautiful pups! Thank you for sharing this. Simple changes can often make the biggest difference. Thank you for letting us be a part of this journey.
- Wags and Purrs Specialty Pantry and specifically the owner, Tammy, have been invaluable to not only me with my personal dogs, but also with my professional Pet Sitting business. I switched my dogs over to the food she sells along with the supplements a couple of years ago. The change in them has been tremendous! The coat on one of my chihuahuas is much softer (it was always course), my other chihuahua no longer has a squeaky belly, and my now 16 year old Golden Doodle still has a pep in her step! Knowledge, patience, and passion....all the things any business owner should have, but especially in the pet industry. Thank you for being such a gift to the pet community Tammy!
Response: Aw Cheryl ❤️ ABOUT TIME YOU SAY SOMETHING GOOD ABOUT ME 🤣😘 Seriously, THANK YOU! Thanks for the kind words and for sending me folks!
- How much we love and appreciate wags & purrs and their team, is beyond words!!! They have not only provided us with amazing food & supplements, health tips, bonuses and continue to stir us in the right direction in terms of overall knowledge for our pets quality of life. ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️ They truly are a blessing we never knew we were missing. 🙏🏼🙏🏼 Understand that not everyone (especially Tammy & Muriel) will always know exactly what your pet will need right away, but they most definitely help guide you in the right direction! They truly do have the best intentions all in all!! And we’re so lucky to have amazing people who help provide us with all we’ve needed, so close to home!Response: Thank you. Take it our last suggestion was more noticeably received by Bella? YAY! We are always learning and sharing, hoping to make a difference. Sorry we couldn't share with you sooner. Thanks again. And YAY for Bella!
- Wonderful place. Has helped my pet so much. And I understand his needs so much more. My dog and I are much better now. Thanks Response Thanks Sally, thank you for allowing us the opportunity to help get Feet on a better diet.
- Tammy will change your pets health for the better. You will not believe the transformation that occurs right before your very eyes when you begin treating the SOURCE of their health problems, rather than just the symptoms. She has helped us ensure our two dog daughters stay healthy and happy as they age. Highly recommend this place if you're looking for real, personalized, interactive help in an era where buying online whilst trying to guess what's best is the norm. Check this place out, you will not be disappointed. Response: Thank you Maureen! We appreciate the kind words and your support.
- Tammy is very knowledgeable about healthy pet foods and she is dedicated and loyal to her customers who become her faithful friends. Thank you Tammy! Response: THANK YOU Jeanne! ❤️
- I am a costumer of Wags and Purrs since a few years. And let me tell you it has been the best decision I could have made. My golden retriever girl is very sensitive to many foods and probably has plenty of allergies too. Tammy, the owner immediately understood what my dog needed and what I needed as well. If you are looking for quality food and care for your pets, look no further. Wags and Purrs is the best place to get both. Tammy and her staff are simply amazing. You are not only supporting a local business, but you get advise whenever you need it, not only for your pet, but also for yourself. Tammy is a person with a heart of gold. Her service to our community is priceless. In my opinion, and to be fair in my dogs opinion too, Tammy is an angel sent by God. Without Tammy, my dog and my family would not be as healthy as we are. Tammy is fair, honest, and always there for us. Such a blessing. <3 Love forever, The Santiago Family. Response: Aw Mandy, this is so sweet! You are making me blush! Just as much as I have been able to help you , you keep helping us grow by your testimonials - THANK YOU for your trust and support, and your friendship! ! !
- Our Zoey was born 9/18, we picked her up 11/18. She was the smallest girl of the litter and was so cute! She was from my cousin's house and they were going through a rough time due to Hurricane Michael and was selling/giving away the pups. We had a great time with Zoey in the beginning. Yes, she threw up a lot but we thought it was changing her food, then we found out she had worms, and so on. Then in January she ended up at the ER Vet because things were just bad. My parents found out that she has Enlarged Esophagus. Okay what does that mean? So as we learned and she stayed small we feared that she would not make it. Parents researched Bailey Chairs (ended up making our own version) The vet prescribed prescription food (Royal Cain), we tried medicine (pills) to help with the swelling. After a few months we noticed a slight change but still the problems was still there. Would she grow out of it? Would she always have this problem? Throwing up was still bad, diarrhea constantly and she was not gaining weight, just not growing a lot. Then my Mom remembered our puppy trainer told us about Wags and Purrs and my Mom was like I will try anything. She was at her wits end. My parents were on the verge of getting rid of Zoey, we could not keep living this way. So off she went to Tammy and that has been a blessing. We are on a strictly raw diet (unless Zoey gets into something she is not suppose to/the stories I can tell about that), we have goats/keifer milk, we have CBD oil, we have powders for digestion, bugs, and something else. Anyway, yes Zoey will throw up but not nearly as often as before. She rarely has diarrhea. Yes she is still small, about 32lbs she's not that large at all for a German Shepherd. Her sisters/brother are anywhere from 55-70lbs. She is a smart girl and yes she has moments but the diet change has been awesome. Tammy is very knowledgeable and has been such a HUGE help to Mom. We even bought a freezer to help keep the food/milk in bulk so now my Mom goes to the store every 2 weeks or so instead of every week. My Mom also has our other dog on the raw diet. Chewbacca(Chewie) is 14 years old, almost 15, and he has always been on the thin side. He is a Border Collie Mix and he was getting VERY picky with his food, not eating well, moving slow, hard of hearing. My Mom was like if we are going to do it for one dog we will do it for both. So he eats everything Zoey does and he enjoys eating food again. He moves a bit better. He has filled out and looks healthy. Thanks Tammy for helping us! The Mason Family: Rich, Pam, Piper, and Dean. P Mason Response:Thank you for allowing us to be a part of this journey. We are very happy to know the little things we suggested have made such a huge difference. For both pups. Nice to see the smiles on everyone's face when you come in to get more food, instead of the sad faces when we first met. Thank you for sharing your story for others to see that there is always hope.
- Love this place. Tammy the owner is so knowledgeable. She has done wonders for my Sheltie that is 13. S. Paleta. Response: Thanks Sherry! We can't fix everything, but we can certainly help with a lot
- Tammy and her staff are a wealth of knowledge! I was referred to her specialty shop by a client of mine after we got to taking about our beloved pets. Tammy has been walking me through taking care of my aging lab during her golden years. I'm super thankful for Tammy and her entire staff! C. Norris. Response: Aw Christine, it has been a pleasure being with you on this journey. We hope the journey continues to be as smooth and as sweet as possible. Thank you for becoming part of the Wags and Purrs family.
- April of 2018 a very good friend and her pup from Canada came to visit. She changed our world by introducing us to raw. She helped me search out and find the best store to continue this journey with Odin. We stumbled onto Wags & Purrs Specialty Pantry and well we havent looked back. My friend was thrilled we found them and that I was being left with the support and food I would need for Odin. Odin at that time weighed close to 100lbs and was very over weight. I had been feeding him grain free kibble and under the recommended portions. After a year plus of changing his diet to raw, he is now a healthy 72lbs and has so much more energy! He is now 8 and it makes me happy to see him being so playful. We got an addition to our family in August and Loki has been raw since week 2 of being in our home. He is triving, healthy coat lots of energy and such a happy pup! He will do twirls for his food! Food time is a very exciting time for these 2 pups! I cant express how helpful Tammy and her team have been on this journey. I am so grateful to have the caring, loving support that is so freely offered. Knowledge is power and if your pets are having health issues or you just want to give them the best life. Switch to a better diet and get your pets food and supplies from Wags & Purrs Specialty Pantry in Melbourne. You wont regret it. ❤ J. Gertz. Response: Thank you! We are very happy your family joined the Wags and Purrs family. We look forward to watching Loki grow into an adult and assisting Odin as he gets on up there in years. And Jantina, we value that you drive as far as you do to continue to support us, thank you.
- I want to give a special thank you to Tammy. Our 2 year old dog was born with bad kidneys. Recently she was diagnosed with stage 4 kidney failure. She had been on the Answers detailed raw food diet for a little while, but a couple of weeks ago she stopped eating her meals. She would not eat any meals and slept all day, for about 3 or 4 days. She would only eat small treats here and there. Working with Tammy, we got her switched over to the liquid Answers kidney protocol diet. Once she was completely drinking the goats milk and the kefir for a couple of days, slowly but surely, we started adding the Answers detailed patties back into the liquid goats milk and kefir. After a couple of weeks, she now has a lot more energy, and is eating 3 meals a day, including goats milk, kefir, fermented fish stock, and Answers raw patties. Thankful for all of Tammy's help. She was available to help us in the store, on the phone, and through email. She was instrumental in getting my dog back on track, and hopefully her health continues to improve. H. Holwerda. Response: Thank you Chad for allowing us the opportunity to help. And she is looking gorgeous! You can tell she is getting real nutrition now.
- If it wasn’t for Tammy my boy would’ve died. My beautiful boy was seriously sick and 22 lbs underweight. He couldn’t keep anything down and had diarrhea to boot. Took him to two different veterinary clinics resulting in a sicker boy. We thought we’d lose him for sure. My trainer told me about Tammy and she worked her magic on him, but it’s not really magic. She‘s Very intelligent and knows what she’s talking about. She started him off with all natural canned food, not what you’d buy in a grocery or pet store. Put him on a probiotic paste and pumpkin. The awful diarrhea and vomiting stopped. Then she switched him to raw food and a different probiotic. He’s had other problems that Tammy solved with natural products. Today Gabe is a very health, happy boy. He’s also my service dog. He amazes me. There’s only light in his eyes now. He’s rarely sick, if ever. Tammy has given me an arsenal of all natural medicines for a variety of problems. The best thing is she gave this beautiful, amazing, goofy and fun loving boy. I don’t know how I coulid ever thank her enough. C. Joyce. Response: Aw Chris, THANK YOU! (And you figured out how to post 👍🏻😘) Both of your testimonials are awesome, thank you. And thank you for allowing me the opportunity to help you and Gabe. He was one sick pup, but now is a shiny healthy happy boy ❤️
- Tammi's first desire is to help pets who aren't well. I started trying to find more natural and healthier foods when I had three older cats. When we brought home our BT Maddy May we started her the first day on good food. She has never eaten from grocery shelves unless its the meat or vege dept. I think keeping healthy is so much better than getting healthy. Costly? Can be but my philosophy is pay now or pay later. Meds or dr visits are very expensive. Healty treats. You won't find tripe treats or minnows in the big box store. If your pet is not well talk to Tammi or her helper. I would be very surpirsed if you aren't happy with the results youll see.P. Williams. Response: Miss Patti, we thank you! And Miss Maddy Mae will always be treated like the princess that she is with us, we will also do our best to assist her in making healthier choices.
- Tammy is extremely knowledgeable and a pleasure to talk with. She is helping my animals adapt to a better diet to resolve their health issues and I’m so grateful for her! Wags and Purrs is a Wonderful store.A. Lucas. Response: Aw Amy, thank you! ! ! I look forward to seeing/hearing about the results.
- We recently went to get more information about changing from prescription dog food and commercial cat food to raw. Our cat was having intense allergies. Our almost 2yr old dog has a kidney condition and was prescribed prescription kidney diet food. We have switched both of them off the commercial foods to just raw and in 7 days have seen a difference. The cats allergies have almost completely gone away. His eyes are clear, he’s less itchy and has dropped some much needed weight. The dogs fur feels better, she is less itchy and now will eat her food. I would recommend going to find out if it’s the right choice for you but the raw diet is much easier than you think. I was scared but there are pre-made raw meals so it takes all the guess work out. N. Howlwerda
- We took our dog into Wags and Purrs because he was wetting constantly. Tammy gave him "UTI plus" drops. She wasn't sure how effective it would be because of his age,12 years old. His wetting stopped immediately. We only had one accident the rest of the day. Amazing. We continued the drops at each feeding and the next day we only had one wetting. Now it's been 5 days and we can trust him in the house and he asking to go outside. We had taken him to the vet the week before and, of course, his wetting was uncontrollable. We can't believe the immediate and lasting results. PK also had large wart-like growths on his back and head. The Vet said to surgically remove them and they would probably come back. He probably has 20 of those growths. I went home and put Oregano essential oil on them. They started reducing and got huge scabs on them. Tammy looked at them and said that PK's stomach environment was shot and the toxic environment was leaching up through the skin erupting into these growths. It made sense to us. PK wasn't eating, was lethargic, bloated and getting worse by the day. We immediately put him on Prebiotics and Digest All Plus, and changed his dog food. The next day he clearly felt better. By the 4th day he was playing like a puppy again. We are so relieved. After 5 days of prebiotics we returned to Tammy. His sores are no longer oozing and are flattening. Tammy pointed out that PK had two different types of growths. The ones on his head should be treated with Frankinsense. Now we are working on re-establishing a healthy stomach environment and a healthy diet. PK was only snacking and by the time we got to Tammy wasn't eating at all. We know we are on the right track because he looks happy, playful and bouncy in his step. It's so good to have him back. A week ago we were afraid he was dying and wow, now he is great!! J. Kloes. Response: Thank you for this!!! I am so very happy we are making a difference. Just because an animal is old doesn’t mean we should give up on trying to make a difference for them. Look forward to seeing how things are in a few months. *A note to all reading this, PLEASE have a conversation with us or someone else with the knowledge to do the things that were mentioned here, there are details that need to be covered to be safe doing it with your pet.
- Amazing information Based on what Tammy told me, and only after one week on her advice, my dog is calmer, less aggressive, her fur is not as coarse and her skin is not itchy. Her allergy is under control and it really was getting her diet balanced. I highly recommend getting your pet off commercial pet foods and check her out. K. Brewer. Response: Isn't it remarkable how quickly some are able to see changes in their pets once we make some diet changes and other recommendations! It starts with the gut ☺️ And just to think, if you hadn't noticed the difference in PK so quickly you might never have come to see us! Word of mouth, or in this case, seeing for yourself the difference in another's pet is the best advertising ♥️ Thank YOU!
- Seriously, don’t know what we would do without you guys!! Thank you so so sooo very much for all your help and support. I recommend you guys a million times!! Thank you!!!!! K. Capelas. Response: You are very welcome! And thank YOU for allowing us an opportunity to assist you.
- Tammy is quite knowledgeable about nutrition and much more. There is a great variety from which to choose.D. Altonhof. Response: Thank you Deborah! Your support is very much appreciated.
- The concern for each and every animal. The time that Tammy gives you to answer your questions (and get overwhelmed at the same time). And the information I get is amazing! D. Tanski. Response: LOL! Thank you Diane, when have you ever come in and not walked out knowing more than when you walked in, lol. Appreciate your support, and trust. We will get you through this new hurtle, it's not as bad as you think.
- Love this store. The owner is extremely knowledgeable about the animals. She actually saved my dog. Thanks Tammy!!! A. Lewis
- Just wanted to share with everyone that I went to Tammy on Monday. My girl Bellah has been suffering from itching that most recently turned into an allergic reaction with hives covering her body. I took her to the vet and they gave her 4 shots and wanted to put her on an allergy shot every 4 months instead of helping me figure out the problem. I heard about Tammy through a colleague and visited her this past Monday. She educated me on a different diet for Bellah. I started it Monday night. She's had 4 meals. I have already noticed a higher level of energy, softer coat, she gets so excited about mealtime, licks her bowl clean, itching seems to be subsiding, remainder of hives are calming down and for the most part gone. Just an overall better Bellah. I have only had Bellah a year and 3 months so I didn't know these were symptoms to a bigger issue, DIET! I wasn't aware this was abnormal until the excessive itching (which vet put her on meds that really didn't seem to help anyway) became awful hives that scared the crap out of me. Now I can see the difference in a dog getting to better health. Can't wait to see what's in store for her after a month! — ￼feeling optimistic.L. Wawrzyniak Response: Just wanted to update the new change since Bellah has been on this diet from my last testimonial. My almost complete grey/light blonde dog is now dark brown/red with only a little grey left 😳
- The owner is amazing and will take time to suggest product for your fur baby. L. Fernandez
- If you want your pet to naturally be healthy and feel their best , then you will want to shop at Wags and Purrs. All the best raw food, supplements and treats. And Tammy is so knowledgeable about what your pet needs Please shop local and get a healthy happy pet !!!! T. Johnson-Smith
- This is a great place for natural pet food and Tammy is very knowledgeable about pet care. D. Reece
- Tammy knows her stuff! I brought my 8 year old German Shepherd into Tammys shop because he was losing weight and hair, he smelled horrible and he had heartworms. I DID NOT want to do conventional heartworm treatment on King. Tammy put my dog on natural food, probiotics and and a natural heartworm treatment that lasted 90 days. in a matter of a few weeks, King gained weight, his hair grew back and he was like his old self. Fast forward to a year later, King does not have heartworms anymore! So do yourself a favor and go see Tammy! C. Vaught Response: OMG! I was wondering what happened. Thank you so much for sharing this story! I look forward to seeing you next week!
- Tammy is very knowledgeable about the products she sells and knows what is great for my 🐕 G. Tuminelli
- We absolutely love owner, Tammy McDonald! She is always willing to take the time to explain how our buddy Luke can benefit from a holistic approach to his diet. We were referred to Tammy by our Breeder when our 4 month Golden Retriever developed a skin condition. Tammy helped educate us on the various options when deciding on a clean diet for our buddy. We ended up putting Luke on a Primal frozen food patties, Primal unpasteurized goats milk, Dr. Harvey's e-mune Boost herbal supplement, Dogzymes Digestive Enhance, vitamin C. For treats we found that Luke loves Vital Essential's freeze dried treats. His skin issues went away and he is now a happy itch-free boy. Even our vet (who like most Western Vets does not condone raw diets) is amazed at how healthy and beautiful he is after 2 years of no grains, drugs of any kind and a natural raw diet. We are forever grateful for the genuinely thoughtful and knowledgeable Tammy! J.Murdock. Response❤️ Aw, so happy we were able to help (especially from such a long distance, lol). Thanks for sharing all of the photos with us as Luke as been growing so that we can see how much more handsome he has gotten from having a cleaner diet. Maybe one day I will get to meet all of you in person. ❤️ FYI to those reading this ... this couple recently reached out to me again out of fear from being told by so many that their dog was probably taurine deficient from being on a raw diet, being fed exotic meats and not having any grains. Please stop by the store and let me have that conversation with you if you have questions. We CAN DEFINITELY help you. And thank you again Jeri for the kind words.
- Love, love, love this store! This review is long overdue! The owner Tammy is absolutely amazing and so full of knowledge on how to help pets holistically without the use of harmful drugs and chemicals. I honestly learn something new every time I shop there. She truly cares about our pets health & has always been there for us when we have any questions or concerns. I highly recommend this store! Support your local small businesses! R. Demola
- Tammy shares her knowledge with every pet lover. She's the guardian angel of the pets. We love you Tammy! M. Daniel
- Two years ago I had almost given up trying to find the right food for Chiquito. He is a Chug with severe skin allergies and a very bad metabolism (from his Pug side). We tried all the Science Diet products and other food brands from the regular pet stores, and several prescribed medicines. I spent thousands of dollars trying to find the cure for his skin allergies that were so bad I would have to bathe him once or twice a week. He had this big and ugly skin scabs, that on top of being painful and itchy it made him smell really bad and made him feel overwhelmed (he was not happy). All of that came to an end when I found Waggs and Purrs. Tammy, the owner is very knowledgeable and don't worry if you don't know what your fur child needs because she will start asking you questions about your little fur kid and she will know exactly what food he/she needs. She asked me questions about Chiquito that I had not been asked before, which helped her figure out what food to recommend for him. I started him right away on his new food ( alternating row frozen food, he likes Surf & Turf and Duck) and I started to see the changed on him since the first meal. Chiquito has been on Tammy's recommended diet since September of 2016, and his health has improved immensely, that even though he is a 14+- year-old he acts like a puppy., he is healthy, his skin problem is gone, the bad smell is gone and I do not have to bathe him that often, maybe once every three weeks. He is happier, with more energy, he does not limp anymore. It really has been a blessing. I cannot thank Tammy enough for her help, and I would recommend everyone to try it. She is a valuable asset to our community for those devoted pet parents that really care for their loved fur children with special needs. Thank You, Tammy :-) E. Cannafax
- My dog had refused his own food and even cooked meats for over a week. He was throwing up and had diarrhea. My vet Dr. Rubio stopped the antibiotics and referred me to Wags and Purrs Specialty Pantry to try a new solution. I was hopeful but still extremely unsure of my dogs future. After Tammy at the store listened to Harley's symptoms and behavior she put together some products to make his stomach and digestive system healthy again. He had been stripped of all of his good bacteria with antibiotics (probiotics, bone broth and goats milk) Then, she put together his main food source along with some treats to encourage him to eat. I am happy to say within 2 days my dog had pep in his step again (at 75lbs he was a leash length away from me on the leash) and back to dragging me around on the leash. He wanted to eat food. His poop was healthy. I got my dog back! If your dog isn't feeling well or acting unusual I highly encourage you to start healing your pet from the inside out WITHOUT harsh medicine. I am so incredibly happy I learned about this store and you will be too. B. Novalski. Response: ❤️ We are so very happy to have been able to help you. Thank you for sharing your experience. Looking forward to meeting this big boy. ❤️
- Tammy is so knowledgeable and has a wealth of information. I can’t say enough good things about her and what she has done for my dogs! She really knows best! And would recommend her to everyone! H. Semos Response: Thank you so much! Thank you for giving me a chance to help you with both of your babies. I look forward to watching Titan grow. ❤️
- Really like this place and the owner. She cares about the animals and the quality of food. The get what you pay for here and it's worth it. A. Fisch
- Fantastic friendly service and a wealth of information about our cats nutritional needs. Tammy is awesome and will take her time answering your questions. Have made it our go to store for of all of our pet food purchases. Equal or cheaper prices for better quality food than the big two pet stores. Support your local small business! A win win! M. Fernandez
- I am very grateful that this store exists here in Melbourne! I rescued a six month old french bulldog in March, she came with many issues. I had her treated for a UTI and further testing revealed she had crystals in her urine. The Veterinarian said she would have to be on a special diet and that she could not have anything else including treats. She ate the first bag okay, I purchased the second bag and she stopped eating, she did not like the food. A neighbor mentioned Wags and Purrs because she fed her dogs a raw diet and they were doing very well with the food. I took my dog to the store and was thrilled with the knowledge Tammy has regarding animal health. She suggested a couple different items to add to the raw diet, I test her ph weekly and my dog is doing great, crystals are no longer a concern! My dog’s coat and temperament has been another positive change since I have changed her diet and added the supplements. Dawn Goodson, Melbourne, FL D. Goodson
- Omg! This place is puuurrrfect! (Pardon the pun) I was visiting my friend in Florida and we happen to stop by to pick up some stuff for her pup but while I was there I got to talking and the lovely lady at the front gave me so many suggestions for my problematic cat and he is now in the best of health thanks to her. We have a couple of specialty pet shops similar in my area (DC) but none of them have the knowledge, friendliness, and comfortability that this place had. CAN YOU PLEASE OPEN A SECOND SHOP IN DC?!? I would recommend this place to everyone! D. Rami
- I have known Tammy for awhile now , however, this is this is the first time I needed to come to her with a need for one of my German Shepherds who has allergies that were confirmed by an allergy test. She pointed me right away to the food I could use for my dog along with the probiotic enzymes I have all my dogs on. He is doing so much better already. She really knows her stuff and my dog loves his new food! L. Gruen
- Such a great store with a large selection of products! Tammy, the owner, is very nice and incredibly helpful. Her positive attitude really adds to the shopping experience. My kitties loved the treats I got for them. I'm very happy this store is open. E. Couture
- reat place! Owner is very supportive and knowledgeable. A relaxed atmosphere with all kinds of great products for your pet. L. Kennerman
- Every day I am grateful that Wags and Purrs exists! Being the guardian of six cats is no easy task. Last year our oldest, Zeppy at five years was diagnosed with Leaky Gut. I literally had tears in my eyes when I first spoke with Tammy about his condition, so afraid we might lose him. He did nothing but sleep, his coat was a mess and he vomited frequently. He was losing weight and I was at a loss of what to do. Tammy's experience and sound advice on how to add enzymes and change his diet totally changed the trajectory of Zeppy's life without constant vet care and drugs. While Tammy suggested raw, we compromised on medium rare steak and canned. I know raw is best, the other five cats eat it every day but since he fell ill Zeppy went off the raw. Tammy has been entirely understanding and took 20-30 minutes with me to make suggestions on quality canned that he can tolerate with his condition. Today he is active, his coat is shiny and he is enjoying life. Whether it is for preventive care, or specialty care, I cannot recommend Wags and Purrs enough! Tammy special orders the raw for me and she always has it when I need it. You won't only be purchasing pet food from Tammy, you will learn a lot as well! A. Chapman
- What a great place to get everything that our Blue Heeler needs for his raw food diet! Tammy is a wealth of knowledge and provides guidance and support to keep our Blue healthy. We have switched to an herbal supplement to repel fleas and ticks and it is working great! Thank you Tammy! No more Nexguard! K. Baker
- There are not too many people who know how to help pets holistically and without drugs or chemicals so I am very happy to know that Tammy at Wags and Purrs Specialty Pantry is one of those people. It's good to see that raw food is beginning to be more readily available in the area too. I must say that I was impressed at the knowledge Tammy has in so many areas of pet health care. J. Cook
- I had a cat that had a terrible reaction to a vaccination and was told about Wags and Purrs and how helpful the owner is. I went there to see if I could get some information on how to help my cat and was so impressed at the amount of knowledge the owner had and how to help my cat through the process. I wish all places were this helpful and wish the vets knew as much as she does. I highly recommend this store to people and am very grateful that she helped me get my cat back to normal. J. Rivers
- My go to store for the best food, treats, and other pet supplies. My mini Aussie, Nixon, loves our pit stops for treats and new toys. Tammy is knowledgeable, caring and friendly. I do and will continue to recommend wags and purrs. R. Gomiela
- I'm so happy that Wags and Purrs is open in Melbourne now. Prior to that, I had to drive quite a distance to get quality food for my gang. The owner is great - Jetta always gets spoiled with the treats when we go and I have a good time too. Very knowledgeable, especially about raw food. However, my kids are not currently on raw food and we never get any negativity about that. I think they just really care that everyone is doing the best they can for their kids. R. Shapiro